regarding copyrightsWhy do we copyright?
We are often asked why we have copyrights on various essays and other material offered on the website. It certainly is not to keep you from using it. We want our materials spread about and used as much as possible. We believe the truth of the Catholic faith should be free. The copyrights are in place to protect the material from being used maliciously, or from being used by others to make a profit off of the work of the copyright holder. Most of the time we are more than happy to allow you to use any of the material that we own the copyright on as much as you like, assuming it is for personal or educational use. If you have any questions about the use of material on our website, please email us through our contact page.
Unless otherwise noted you may:
1. Print materials on this website for personal or educational use.
2. Store materials on your computer.
3. Print materials for free distribution to your friends, family, co-workers, or complete strangers.
4. Put materials on your website with a reciprical link back to the original at our website.
Use of material not of our own origin:
We always check the copyright status of materials (words, code, and graphics) that we use. If there is ever any question about copyright status we check with the US copyright office before using any material. Regarding the use of materials on the website that we do not own the copyrights:
1. If we do not own the copyright on material found on our website we are using it on a "by permission" basis (We have explicit permission for its use), or,
2. If we do not own the copyright on material found on our website we are using it because it is material now in the public domain, or,
3. If we do not own the copyright on material found on our website we are using it because the copyright holder has placed no restrictions on its use in such a way that we have used it (Church Documents for instance).
Questions? copyright [at] catecheticsonline.com